Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins



Once again it has been too long since I posted! I think it will be easier to get back in the habit now that fall is approaching and I will be making more baked goods, soups and casseroles. I've really been on a skillet meal kick lately... anything with easy clean-up and fast prep is good for me!

These little muffins are really tasty! I'm sitting here at my computer eating my third one. Well, technically my toddler stole half of my last one, but still. I decided to post this recipe because I found the original on Pinterest with the ingredient list but only half the instructions!

Since I've made quite a few muffins in my life, I was able to figure it out on my own, with a few little alterations.  I didn't take any pictures in the process, but these are so quick and easy, you shouldn't have any trouble!

Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins

Ingredients


1 cup old fashioned oats
½ cup all purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 egg
2 TB oil
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup evaporated fat free milk (Or any other kind of milk. I actually used vanilla Greek yogurt mixed with soy milk to make one half cup)
½ cup packed light brown sugar
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup fresh blue berries, floured (the flour keeps them from sinking to the bottom during baking. The flour sticks)

I actually used slightly less than a cup of blueberries and split my batter so I could make a few with chocolate chips in them. Both versions are really wonderful!


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare 12 slot muffin tin by adding paper liners, or spray with cooking spray.

Put the dry oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a blender and process until most of the oats have been ground up.

In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, oil, vanilla, milk, and brown sugar. Add mashed banana and mix well.

Pour the dry ingredients into wet ingredients and fold lightly with a rubber spatula until incorporated. Do not over mix.

Add blueberries (or chocolate chips) and fold into batter.

Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.

Enjoy!!




Original recipe here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
September 23, 2013 at 7:11 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment